Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cherry on Top

It is with great sadness that I learned today that my friend Chihiro (Cherry) Enoki died in a climbing accident in California over Thanksgiving weekend.

Chi lived her life to the fullest, although it was far from a full life.

As long as I knew her, her "signature" on personal notes and whatnot, in lieu of her name, was a little cartoon Cherry-shaped swish of her pen on the bottom corner. But today I like to imagine her before she died as Cherry on top of the world, if only for a moment.

You can learn more about my longtime friend all over the internet. It takes no romance nor fancy words to portray her the way she was: smart, capable, energetic, hilarious, motivated and cool.

No pizza blog today. Seems way too small and dumb given how I am feeling.

Take a moment to read about Chihiro Enoki, her life may inspire yours to be lived with greater love and aggressive vitality.

No comments: